Gluten-Free Vegan Spaghetti Squash Carbonara: A Delicious Option for Plant-Based Diners
The vegan lifestyle has become increasingly popular, and the demand for vegan-friendly meals is on the rise. One delicious dish that is both vegan and gluten-free is Spaghetti Squash Carbonara. This tasty dish combines the traditional flavors of carbonara with the unique texture of spaghetti squash. With a few simple substitutions, this delicious recipe can be enjoyed by vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike.
What is Spaghetti Squash Carbonara?
Spaghetti Squash Carbonara is a vegan twist on the traditional Italian pasta dish. Instead of using spaghetti noodles, this version uses cooked spaghetti squash as the base. The sauce is made from a combination of vegan cream, vegan “bacon”, and vegan Parmesan cheese. The combination of flavors creates a creamy and savory dish that is perfect for vegans or those looking for a lighter, plant-based meal.
Benefits of Eating Gluten-Free and Vegan
Choosing to eat gluten-free and vegan is a great way to reduce your environmental footprint and improve your health. Gluten-free vegan meals are free of animal products and are therefore entirely plant-based. Plant-based meals are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and can help reduce the risk of heart disease. Additionally, reducing animal products in your diet can help reduce your carbon footprint and support global sustainability efforts.
Making the Recipe
Making Spaghetti Squash Carbonara is surprisingly easy and takes less than an hour to prepare. The first step is to roast the spaghetti squash in the oven. Once the squash has cooked, use a fork to scrape out the strands of squash. While the squash is cooking, prepare the vegan cream sauce by combining vegan cream, vegan “bacon”, and vegan Parmesan cheese in a saucepan. Cook the cream sauce until it is thick and creamy. Once the squash and sauce are ready, combine them in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Finally, garnish the dish with vegan Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
Gluten-free Vegan Spaghetti Squash Carbonara is a delicious and nutritious plant-based meal. This dish is a great option for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike. It is quick and easy to make and uses simple ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores. With its savory flavors and creamy texture, this dish is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. So, the next time you’re looking for a delicious vegan-friendly meal, give Spaghetti Squash Carbonara a try!
1 Medium Spaghetti Squash
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds and discard or save for roasting. Rub the flesh of the squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place the halves cut side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
2. While the squash is baking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, nutritional yeast, coconut milk, thyme, basil, sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes until combined.
4. When the squash is finished baking, use a fork to scrape out the squash strands and transfer to the skillet with the garlic. Pour the oil and nutritional yeast mixture over the squash and stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the squash is heated through.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley. Serve warm. Enjoy!