Gnocchi Provençal: A Classic Italian Dish
When it comes to Italian cuisine, few dishes can rival the popularity of Gnocchi Provençal. While it’s a relatively simple dish, the combination of ingredients provides a flavor that is hard to forget.
History of Gnocchi Provençal
Though the exact origins of Gnocchi Provençal are unknown, it is believed to have originated in the early 19th century in Italy. The dish was a popular dish served in the home of the wealthy, and its popularity spread to the rest of the country.
Ingredients of Gnocchi Provençal
Gnocchi Provençal is usually made with simple, fresh ingredients. The main ingredients include potatoes, flour, Parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil, and parsley. These ingredients are combined to make a dough which is then rolled into small pieces and boiled. Once cooked, the pieces are served with a sauce, typically made of tomato and garlic.
Significance of Gnocchi Provençal
Gnocchi Provençal is an important part of Italian cuisine and has been enjoyed for centuries. It is often served as an accompaniment to other dishes, providing an interesting flavor contrast to meals. Many people enjoy the complexity of flavors and textures that this dish provides.
Gnocchi Provençal’s Popularity
Gnocchi Provençal is popular among both Italian and non-Italian diners alike. It is a dish that is easy to make and can be prepared in a variety of ways. It has become a staple of Italian restaurants all over the world, and many people enjoy it as a comfort food.
Gnocchi Matignon Provençal
Gnocchi Provençal has become even more popular in recent years with the introduction of Gnocchi Matignon Provençal. This version of the classic Italian dish is made with a special blend of ingredients, including red wine, rosemary, and black olives. This unique combination of ingredients provides a unique flavor that is sure to please even the pickiest of diners.
Gnocchi Provençal is a classic Italian dish that has been enjoyed by diners for centuries. Its simple ingredients are combined to make a delicious dish that is sure to please. Gnocchi Matignon Provençal takes the classic dish to the next level, introducing a unique flavor that is sure to be a hit with everyone. Whether you’re a fan of Italian cuisine or just looking for something new, Gnocchi Provençal is sure to be a hit.
1 lb. gnocchi
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Pour in the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, oregano, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
6. Add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the surface, about 3 minutes.
7. Drain the gnocchi and add to the skillet with the tomato sauce.
8. Stir in the parsley and Parmesan cheese and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Serve Gnocchi Matignon Gnocchi Provençal hot. Enjoy!