Satisfy Your Cravings with Potato Gnocchi Carbonara with Crispy Prosciutto and Sage
If you’re craving a hearty and satisfying pasta dish, look no further than Potato Gnocchi Carbonara with Crispy Prosciutto and Sage. This Italian classic recipe takes the beloved flavors of carbonara and elevates them to a whole new level of deliciousness, making it the perfect comfort food dish.
The Creaminess of Carbonara
Carbonara is a traditional Italian pasta dish that usually consists of spaghetti, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and pancetta (Italian bacon). This dish has become a beloved classic around the world because of its creaminess, richness, and simplicity.
Potato Gnocchi: The Perfect Base
Gnocchi, on the other hand, is a classic Italian pasta that is made with flour, eggs, and potato. These small dumplings are soft and pillowy, making them the perfect base for any type of sauce. When combined with carbonara, potato gnocchi adds a whole new level of comfort and satisfaction.
Elevate Your Dish with Crispy Prosciutto and Sage
What takes this dish to the next level is the addition of crispy prosciutto and sage. The prosciutto adds a delicious salty crunch that contrasts perfectly with the creaminess of the carbonara sauce. The sage adds an earthy and aromatic flavor that complements the richness of the sauce. These toppings take the dish from good to great.
A Crowd Pleaser
This dish is perfect for any occasion. It can be served as a hearty main course for a family dinner, or as a crowd-pleasing dish for a dinner party. Its creamy texture, satisfying potato gnocchi, salty prosciutto, and aromatic sage make it a comfort food classic that everyone will love.
A Dish with Endless Possibilities
A great thing about Potato Gnocchi Carbonara with Crispy Prosciutto and Sage is that it can be customized to fit any preference. You can use bacon instead of prosciutto, or add other herbs such as thyme or rosemary. You can even add vegetables like peas or mushrooms to make it more nutritious and filling.
The Perfect Dish for Any Time of Year
Whether you are craving something warm and hearty on a cold winter’s night, or want a satisfying and flavorful dish to enjoy with friends and family on a summer evening, Potato Gnocchi Carbonara with Crispy Prosciutto and Sage is the perfect dish to satisfy your cravings any time of the year.
Potato Gnocchi Carbonara with Crispy Prosciutto and Sage is a dish that is sure to satisfy any cravings for comfort food. The creaminess of the carbonara sauce paired with the soft potato gnocchi, salty prosciutto, and aromatic sage create a symphony of flavors and textures that will leave you feeling satisfied and content. So why not give this classic Italian dish a try the next time you’re in the mood for comfort food?
– 1 lb. potato gnocchi
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– 4 oz. prosciutto
– 1/4 c. chopped fresh sage
– 3 cloves garlic
– 2 large egg yolks
– 1/4 c. heavy cream
– 1 oz. grated Parmesan
– Black pepper
1. Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions until tender, then drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the prosciutto and sauté until crispy, about 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add the chopped sage and garlic to the same pan and sauté until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, heavy cream, Parmesan, salt, and black pepper.
6. Reduce heat to low and add the cooked gnocchi to the pan with the sage and garlic.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the gnocchi and stir continuously until the sauce thickens and coats the gnocchi, about 1-2 minutes.
8. Crumble the crispy prosciutto over the top of the gnocchi and gently toss everything together.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!