Indulge in the Sweet Perfection of Cookie Dough Spoons – The Perfect Treat for Any Time of Day!
Get ready to enjoy the mouth-watering indulgence of Cookie Dough Spoons! Perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth, this fun and easy recipe takes classic cookie dough to a whole new level. Simply whip up a batch of edible cookie dough, roll it into small balls, and dip them in a delicious chocolate coating. Then, set them to chill until the coating hardens, and get ready to enjoy the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of cookie dough on a spoon! Whether served as a party dessert or a midnight snack, Cookie Dough Spoons are sure to become a new household favorite. Don’t wait, treat yourself to this delectable recipe today!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, form the dough into small spoon-sized balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the dough spoons for at least an hour or until firm to the touch.
- Once the dough is firm, remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator and use a spoon to shape each ball into a spoon shape.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve. Enjoy your cookie dough spoons recipe!
Number of Servings
- 20 Servings
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 70mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
- Total Sugars: 18g
- Added Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 2g
Ask the Chef – Tips & TricksSoften Butter: Softened butter makes a creamier dough, considerably easier to work with and mix. Consider taking the butter out of the fridge and leaving it at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before starting the recipe.
Room Temperature Eggs: Room temperature eggs can improve the texture and consistency of the cookie dough. Grab them out of the refrigerator about an hour before you plan to make this recipe.
Mix Ingredients Properly: Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, but avoid overworking the mixture. Overmixing can cause the dough to become tough, which will make scooping and shaping difficult.
Don’t Overfill Scoop: A small cookie scoop helps create equal-sized scoops, exactly ideal for this recipe. Fill the spoon halfway to ensure the dough doesn’t spread too much. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, consider using a teaspoon.
Chilling Time: Chilling the dough ensures the cookie dough spoons keep their shape while baking. For best results, chill them for at least an hour or until they are firm to the touch. You can chill longer if needed, even overnight, and bake whenever you’re ready.
Create Spoon Shape: Use a spoon to shape the chilled cookie dough balls into cute spoon shapes before serving. Remember to press your spoon lightly into each cookie ball to create the right shape without flattening them.
Optional Add-ins: These cookie dough spoons are easily customizable according to your preferences. Consider adding chopped nuts, sprinkles, colorful chocolate chips, or any other treats you might like to add to the dough.
Storage: Store the cookie dough spoons in an airtight container or zip-lock bag in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you want to keep them frozen for more extended storage, arrange them on a baking sheet and freeze until firm, then transfer them to a labeled and sealed freezer-safe container. They should keep for up to three months in the freezer.