Satisfy Your Sweet Cravings with Our Decadent Cookies and Cream Brulee with Oreo Crust Recipe!
Indulge in a decadent Cookies and Cream Brulee with Oreo Crust dessert, a rich and creamy delight that’s sure to please any sweet tooth. A classic custard base infused with chunks of Oreo cookies and a luscious Oreo crust, this dessert brings together the best of both worlds. The smooth and velvety texture of the custard, paired with the satisfying crunch of the chocolatey crust, offers a symphony of textures and flavors. The final touch is the caramelized sugar topping, carefully torched to create a delicate, crisp layer that contrasts harmoniously with the silky cream. Perfect for any special occasion or simply as a treat to yourself, Cookies and Cream Brulee with Oreo Crust is a must-try dessert that will leave a lasting impression.
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 8 Large Egg Yolks
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Oreo Cookies (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and butter a 9-inch pie dish.
- Crush 20 Oreo cookies in a food processor and press them evenly into the bottom of the pie dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream and milk and heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until light and creamy.
- Gradually pour the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly until well combined.
- Strain the custard mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl to remove any lumps.
- Pour the custard over the Oreo crust in the pie dish.
- Place the pie dish in a larger baking dish and pour enough hot water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the pie dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the custard is set and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove the pie dish from the water bath and cool to room temperature.
- Cover the pie dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the custard is completely chilled.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the top of the custard with crushed Oreo cookies.
- Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar, melting it until it forms a golden crust on top of the custard.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious Cookies and Cream Brulee with Oreo Crust.
Number of Servings
- 10 Servings
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Calories: 520
- Total Fat: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 365mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 31g
- Added Sugars: 30g
Ask the Chef – Tips & Tricks
Room Temperature Eggs: Make sure to use eggs at room temperature when making the custard. Room temperature eggs mix more easily and create a smoother custard.
Slowly Add Liquids: It’s important to add the hot cream mixture to the egg mixture slowly and gradually while whisking constantly. This will prevent the eggs from curdling and ensure a smooth custard.
Strain the Custard: Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve before pouring it over the Oreo crust to remove any lumps. This will give you a perfectly smooth and velvety-textured custard.
Water Bath: The water bath is an essential part of making the brulee. It helps the custard cook evenly and prevents it from cracking. Be careful when pouring water to avoid getting any in the custard.
Cool Before Topping: Make sure the custard is completely chilled before adding the crushed Oreo cookies to the top. Adding the cookie crumbs while the custard is warm will cause them to sink and create a gooey, messy end-result.
Caramelizing the Sugar: Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar by melting it and forming a golden crust on top of the custard. Move the torch constantly and pay close attention to avoid burning the sugar.
Serve Immediately: Serve the brulee immediately after caramelizing the sugar to ensure optimal texture and temperature.”