Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan-Stuffed Zucchini Boats: A Delicious and Nutritious Dish
When it comes to searching for a delicious and nutritious meal, it can be hard to find something that meets both criteria. However, one dish that fits the bill is low carb eggplant parmesan-stuffed zucchini boats. This dish combines the flavors of eggplant parmesan with the health benefits of zucchini, making it a great meal for those trying to eat healthier.
Benefits of Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
The main benefit of this dish is that it is low in carbohydrates, making it a perfect meal for those trying to reduce their carbohydrate intake. The combination of eggplant and zucchini provides a great source of dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It also contains a healthy balance of protein and healthy fats, making it a great alternative to traditional pasta-based dishes.
Another benefit of this dish is that it is incredibly easy to make. All you need is some eggplant, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, and some basic herbs and spices. This makes it a great weeknight meal, as it can be prepared in just a few minutes.
Healthy Alternatives to Traditional Eggplant Parmesan
Traditional eggplant parmesan is a delicious dish, but it can be high in carbohydrates and calories. By substituting zucchini for the eggplant, you can reduce the carbohydrate content of the dish. Additionally, you can use Parmesan cheese as a topping, instead of a traditional breading, to reduce the fat content.
Make Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan-Stuffed Zucchini Boats Part of Your Diet
Low carb eggplant parmesan-stuffed zucchini boats is a delicious and nutritious dish that is perfect for those looking to reduce their carbohydrate intake. The combination of eggplant and zucchini provides a great source of dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, it is incredibly easy to make and can be prepared in just a few minutes. Make this dish part of your diet and enjoy the benefits of a healthy and delicious meal.
1 Large Eggplant
3-4 Medium Zucchinis
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
2-3 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 Tsp Dried Basil
1/2 Tsp Dried Parsley
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Cup Crushed Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel eggplant lengthwise and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Place the slices onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush both sides of the eggplant with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
3. While the eggplant is baking, cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise and scoop out the center, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell. Place the zucchini boats onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden. Add dried oregano, dried basil, dried parsley, salt, and ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
5. Add crushed tomatoes, grated Parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
6. Remove eggplant and zucchini from oven and spoon the tomato mixture into the zucchini boats. Top with eggplant slices and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and fresh basil.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve warm. Enjoy!