Zucchini Linguine Bolognese
A Delicious Low-Carb Take on a Classic Comfort Food
Zucchini linguine bolognese is a delicious, low-carb take on the classic Italian comfort food, bolognese. Instead of traditional pasta, this dish uses spiralized zucchini noodles, or “zoodles”, as the base for a rich and savory bolognese sauce.
Bolognese is a hearty tomato-based sauce that usually includes ground beef, onions, garlic, herbs, and other seasonings. It’s a favorite of Italian-American cuisine, and is often served with spaghetti or other kinds of noodles.
By replacing the traditional pasta noodles with spiralized zucchini noodles, zucchini linguine bolognese retains all the flavor of classic bolognese without the added carbs. This makes it a great option for those looking to cut down on their carb intake, or those who simply want to enjoy a lighter and healthier version of a classic dish.
A Versatile Sauce for Any Kind of Spiralized Veggie Noodle
The great thing about zucchini linguine bolognese is that it can be made with any kind of spiralized vegetable noodle. Zucchini is the most common, but you can also use squash, carrots, or even sweet potatoes. This makes it a great way to switch up your favorite bolognese recipe, or to use up any extra vegetables you may have lying around.
The sauce itself is also incredibly versatile. You can customize it to your tastes by adding in different herbs or spices, or you can experiment with different types of meat.
A Simple, One-Pot Meal
One of the best things about zucchini linguine bolognese is that it’s a simple, one-pot meal. You can make the sauce in one pot and then add in the spiralized noodles and cook them in the same pot. This makes it a great option for busy weeknights, when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
In addition to being a low-carb meal, zucchini linguine bolognese is also a great source of vitamins and minerals. Zucchini is a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as fiber and potassium. The ground beef in the bolognese sauce is a great source of protein, and the tomatoes in the sauce are full of antioxidants.
A Delicious, Healthy Meal
Zucchini linguine bolognese is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the classic Italian comfort food. It’s low in carbs and full of vitamins and minerals, making it a great option for anyone looking to cut down on their carb intake or just enjoy a lighter and healthier version of a classic dish. Plus, it’s versatile and can be made with any type of spiralized vegetable noodles, and is a one-pot meal, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion (diced)
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1/2 Cup Red Wine
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Beef Broth
1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 Tsp Dried Basil
1/2 Tsp Paprika
1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Using a spiralizer, turn the zucchini into ‘linguine’ strands. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until the onion is softened and translucent.
4. Pour in the red wine and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits.
5. Add the diced tomatoes, beef broth, oregano, basil, paprika, and nutmeg. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
6. Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until the noodles are tender but still al dente.
7. Stir in the parmesan cheese and cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve the zucchini linguine bolognese warm and garnish with additional parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!