Navigate Your Recipe Journey
Transform Your Salad Game: Whip Up Our 15-Minute Greek Cabbage Salad Recipe!Bring the vibrant flavors of Greece to your table with this refreshing Greek Cabbage Salad recipe, or Lahanosalata. Featuring crunchy cabbage, juicy tomatoes, sliced scallions, and crumbly feta, all tossed in a zesty lemon and olive oil dressing, this salad is the perfect combo of textures and flavors. It's healthy, low-calorie, and high in fiber, making it an ideal dish for anyone looking for a light yet satisfying meal or a tasty side dish. Serve it alongside grilled meats or fish, or simply enjoy it on its own. Ready in just 15 minutes, this Greek Cabbage Salad will be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
How many calories are in Greek Cabbage Salad (Lahanosalata)?
Nutrition Facts4 Servings per Recipe
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 700mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Total Sugars: 7g
- Added Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 5g
What Wine Pairs Best with Greek Cabbage Salad?Wine pairing: A suitable wine pairing for Greek Cabbage Salad would be a crisp and refreshing white wine such as a Sauvignon Blanc or a Pinot Grigio. These wines complement the tangy dressing and the fresh vegetables used in the recipe. Mixed drink pairing: A suitable mixed drink pairing for Greek Cabbage Salad would be a classic Gin and Tonic. The refreshing taste of the gin and tonic would complement the tangy flavors of the salad.
How to Make Greek Cabbage Salad (Lahanosalata)
- 1 Cabbage head
- 1 Bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- Chop the cabbage into thin strips and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, sliced red onion, and grated carrot to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese on top.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld.
- Serve and enjoy!