Add Some Fun to Your Mornings with Rainbow Sprinkle Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls!
Bring some color and fun to your mornings with Rainbow Sprinkle Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls. These soft, fluffy rolls are bursting with rainbow sprinkles and a perfect blend of cinnamon and sugar, making them the ultimate treat for any sweet tooth. The dough is made from scratch, using high-quality ingredients and the perfect amount of sweetness, resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth pastry that’s both indulgent and satisfying. These delightful cinnamon rolls are the perfect way to brighten up your breakfast table or impress your guests with a playful and yummy twist on a classic pastry. Make your mornings extra special with Rainbow Sprinkle Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp whole milk
- Rainbow Sprinkles (for topping)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, instant yeast, and salt until well combined.
- In a saucepan, heat together whole milk, unsalted butter, and water until warm and the butter is melted.
- Add the warmed milk mixture and egg to the flour mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 6-8 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and roll it out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle.
- Spread softened unsalted butter over the dough, then sprinkle it with brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and rainbow sprinkles.
- Roll up the dough tightly into a log and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place the rolls in a greased baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Uncover the rolls and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and 2-3 tablespoons of whole milk to make the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cinnamon rolls and sprinkle with additional rainbow sprinkles.
- Enjoy the Rainbow Sprinkle Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls while they are still warm!
Number of Servings
- 12 Cinnamon Rolls
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Calories: 420
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 76g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 50g
- Added Sugars: 48g
- Protein: 4g
Ask the Chef – Tips & Tricks
Exact Measurements: When it comes to baking, precise measurements are key. Make sure to use measuring cups and spoons to get the exact amounts of ingredients needed for the recipe.
Room Temperature Ingredients: Room temperature ingredients like whole milk, unsalted butter, and egg will help the dough rise and develop flavor more evenly. Plan ahead and take these ingredients out of the refrigerator at least an hour before starting the recipe.
Keep Dough Moist: If the dough feels too dry while kneading, you can add small amounts of water or milk to moisten it slightly. If it’s too moist, you can add a bit more flour to firm it up.
Roll Dough Evenly: Try to maintain an even thickness while rolling out the dough so that the cinnamon rolls bake evenly. Use a ruler or bench scraper to help you achieve uniform dough thickness.
Use Rainbow Sprinkles: Rainbow sprinkles are a signature ingredient of this recipe and add fun and colorful personality. Use high-quality, colorful, and small-size sprinkles to keep their shape and brightness in the finished cinnamon rolls.
Decorate With Extra Sprinkles: Sprinkle additional rainbow sprinkles over the glaze while it’s still wet. The added crunch and color make the cinnamon rolls more festive and enjoyable.
Let Rolls Cool Slightly: Cooling cinnamon rolls slightly before drizzling the glaze on top will help it thicken slightly. It will also keep the rolls from becoming too sweet and help the glaze set.”