Navigate Your Recipe Journey
Brunch Like a Pro: Try Our Easy Shrimp and Asparagus Quiche Recipe!
Elevate your brunch game with this Easy Shrimp and Asparagus Quiche Recipe. Made with a buttery homemade crust, creamy ricotta cheese, and tender shrimp and asparagus, this quiche is the perfect combination of savory and satisfying. With the simply whipped filling poured over the toppings and baked to perfection, it’s perfect for those busy mornings or an intimate weekend brunch. Serve it up with a side salad of leafy greens and a refreshing mimosa for the ultimate brunch experience. Indulge in the rich flavors of this delicious quiche recipe today!
Chef Tips: Professional Advice for making Shrimp and Asparagus Quiche
Precook the Pie Crust
Prebaking your pie crust will help prevent it from getting soggy after adding the wet egg mixture. You can pre-bake it according to package directions before pouring in the filling.
Use Fresh, High-Quality Ingredients
Since this is a simple dish with a few ingredients, using fresh, high-quality ingredients is key. Choose fresh asparagus and good-quality cheese to elevate the flavor of your quiche.
Don’t Overtop the Quiche
Make sure not to overtop the quiche with too many fillings, as it can weigh down the quiche and prevent it from cooking evenly. Stick to the quantities listed in the recipe.
Cook the Asparagus Before Adding to the Filling
Fresh asparagus is tough to bite into and takes longer to cook compared to other quiche ingredients. It is better to steam the asparagus first and then add it to the quiche filling.
Let the Quiche Cool Before Serving
Allow the quiche to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving. This will help the filling set, making it easier to slice and serve.
How many calories are in Shrimp and Asparagus Quiche?
6 Servings per Recipe
- Total Fat: 44g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16g
- Trans Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 314mg
- Sodium: 405mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 1g
- Added Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 16g
Wine pairing: A fresh and crisp Sauvignon Blanc would be a great pairing for this shrimp and asparagus quiche. Its notes of citrus and acidity would help cut through the richness of the quiche, while complementing the flavors of the dish.
Mixed drink pairing: A suitable mixed drink pairing for Easy Shrimp and Asparagus Quiche would be a classic Mimosa made with orange juice and sparkling wine.
How to Make Shrimp and Asparagus Quiche
- 9 inch pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 medium cooked shrimp, diced
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, steamed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pie crust into a 9 inch pie dish.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add the diced onion. Cook until soft, then add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the cooked shrimp and steamed asparagus to the skillet, stirring to combine. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the shrimp and asparagus mixture.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the shrimp, asparagus, and cheese in the pie crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!