Keto Cauliflower Arancini with Basil Pesto: The Perfect Low-Carb Snack
When it comes to snacks, everyone is always looking for something that is tasty and low in carbs. That’s why keto cauliflower arancini with basil pesto is the perfect snack for those on a keto diet. Arancini, which literally translates to “little oranges” in Italian, are deep-fried rice balls that are traditionally filled with cheese, peas, and a tomato sauce. But with a few substitutions, they can also be made to fit into a low-carb diet.
Health Benefits of Keto Cauliflower Arancini with Basil Pesto
Cauliflower has long been recognized as a superfood. It is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it a great choice for a healthy snack. It is also low in carbs and high in fiber, which can help reduce cravings for sugary snacks. Additionally, cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system and protect against certain illnesses.
Basil pesto is a flavorful addition to the arancini, and it can also provide some additional health benefits. Basil is high in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the body. It is also rich in vitamin A, which can help protect the eyes and skin.
Making Keto Cauliflower Arancini with Basil Pesto
Making keto cauliflower arancini with basil pesto is relatively simple. First, the cauliflower needs to be steamed or boiled until it is tender. Then, it needs to be mashed into a “rice-like” texture. Once the cauliflower is mashed, it can be combined with cheese, herbs, and spices to create the arancini filling. The mixture should be shaped into small balls and then deep-fried until golden brown.
To finish off the dish, a dollop of basil pesto can be added to each arancini. The pesto can be made with fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese. It is a simple yet flavorful addition that can take these arancini to the next level.
The Perfect Low-Carb Snack
Keto cauliflower arancini with basil pesto are the perfect snack for those following a keto diet. They are low in carbs, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Plus, they are incredibly delicious and can be prepared in just a few simple steps. So, the next time you’re in the mood for a snack, give these arancini a try – you won’t be disappointed!
1 Head of Cauliflower
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup of Almond Flour
1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup of Fresh Basil Leaves
1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
1/4 Cup of Pine Nuts
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1/2 Tsp of Dried Oregano
1/2 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets and add to a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is a rice-like texture. Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes.
3. Transfer the cooked cauliflower to medium mixing bowl. Add in the eggs, almond flour, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
4. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Form the cauliflower mixture into small balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
5. While the arancini is baking, make the pesto. In a food processor, combine the basil leaves, olive oil, pine nuts, and salt and pepper. Pulse until everything is blended.
6. Once the arancini has finished baking, let cool for 5 minutes. Place the mozzarella cheese into a shallow dish. Dip each arancini into the cheese and then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
7. Serve the arancini warm with the basil pesto. Enjoy!